At Asteroid Precision, we take pride in providing the best precision grinding services. We are equipped with the most forward-thinking and innovative technology on the market, ensuring that we are constantly seeking better, faster and more economical ways to push your product forward. Our CNC grinding machines include:
- Machines are equipped with plunge and angle wheel capabilities that can grind parts up to 5” in diameter and up to 30” in length.
- Machines use high accuracy automatic length compensation probing with automatic gauging capable of maintaining diametrical and face width tolerances. (To less than .0004”)
- CNC machines with full automatic dressing
- Machines where as many as 10 features can be ground automatically to reduce set–up
- Fully robotic operations
What Sets Our Precision Grinding Department Apart?
While technology and state-of-the-art precision grinding machines are a key component of our business, the true cornerstone lies in our elite precision machinists.
For the past 50 + years, we have fully invested in providing ongoing training for our employees. Their combined decades of skills, experience, and continuous improvement have given them an intimate familiarity with the use of components from a wide range of industries, including aerospace, defense, and the industrial sectors.
Expertise In A Wide Range Of Precision Grinding Disciplines
At Asteroid Precision, we offer industry-leading precision grinds in four major areas:
In order to give you the most precisely ground product, we utilize the following industry-leading machines:
- Studer S122
- Studer S110
- MPC-450 Compact Cantilever Centerless Grinder
- MPC-250 Flexible Compact Centerless Grinder
- Studer favorite
- Toyoda GL4
- Toyoda Select G