At Asteroid Precision, we take pride in providing the best precision grinding services in Illinois. We are equipped with the best technology on the market, making sure you get the exact specifications from your components that you need. In our shop, we have CNC grinding machines for almost any job, including:
- Machines are equipped with plunge and angle wheel capabilities that can grind parts up to 5” in diameter and up to 30” in length.
- Machines use high accuracy automatic length compensation probing with automatic gauging capable of maintaining diametrical and face width tolerances. (To less than .0004”)
- CNC machines with full automatic dressing
- Machines where as many as 10 features can be ground automatically to reduce set–up
Our Precision Grinds
At Asteroid Precision, we offer industry-leading precision grinds in four major areas:
- Cylindrical grinding
- Centerless grinding
- ID Grinding
In order to give you the most precisely ground product, we utilize the following industry-leading machines:
- Studer S122
- Studer S110
- MPC-450 Compact Cantilever Centerless Grinder
- MPC-250 Flexible Compact Centerless Grinder
- Studer favorite
- Toyoda GL4
- Toyoda Select G
Honing is an abrasive machining process that produces a precision surface on a metal workpiece by scrubbing an abrasive stone against it along a controlled path. Honing is primarily used to improve the geometric form of a surface, but may also improve the surface texture.
Typical applications of honing are the finishing of cylinders for internal combustion engines, air bearing spindles and gears. There are many types of hones, but all consist of one or more abrasive stones that are held under pressure against the surface they are working on.
*All component runs in our shop are subject to our rigorous inspection process.